Airgun safety rules to live by.
While enjoying your Hatsan airgun, please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Read and follow all instructions and warnings in the owner’s manual.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and clear of obstructions.
- Treat every airgun as if it were loaded.
- Never climb or jump over anything with your airgun in hand.
- Wear eye protection and consider wearing ear protection.
- Never load your airgun until you are ready to shoot.
- Keep the safety engaged until you are ready to shoot.
- Don’t place your finger on or near the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Know the danger distance (how far ammunition may travel) of your airgun.
- Check your target and beyond your target to ensure you have a safe backstop and that no people or property could be in danger.
- Shoot only the correct caliber and type of ammunition designated for your air rifle.
- Avoid ricochet by not shooting at hard surfaces or the surface of water.
- Always check to see that the safety is engaged and the airgun is unloaded when receiving it from another person or getting it out of storage.
- Perform regular maintenance.
- Store your airgun in a safe place away from the ammunition.
FOR AGES 16 AND OLDER. This is a high-powered airgun for use by those 16 years of age or older. Read all instructions before using. The purchaser and user should conform to all laws governing the purchase, use, and ownership of airguns.
WARNING: This is not a toy. Adult supervision is required. Misuse or careless use may cause serious injury or death. This product may be dangerous up to 650 yards.
WARNING: Do not brandish or display this product in public—it could confuse people and may be a crime. Police and others may mistake it for a firearm. Do not change the coloration and markings to make it look more like a firearm. This is dangerous and may be a crime.
IMPORTANT: You and others with you should always wear shooting glasses to protect you